Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Self Evaluation!


1.    Self-Evaluation
After the many adjustments of this first semester, I feel as though I finally got acclimated to this school. I never thought it would take a whole semester, or even a month for that matter, but I finally feel comfortable here.  I’ve learned many things throughout this English15s course. The main thing I learned was to be more specific in my writing, and how interesting the arts could be. For our essays, my main problem was that I was never specific enough, or left out pertinent information. Now that it was pointed out to me, I will never make that mistake again. This course was also focused around the arts, which I had no idea it would be when I first entered this class. We were exposed to so many different art forms that I never took the time to appreciate. We listened to podcasts, visited the museum, took a trip to the arboretum, and even went to see a play. On top of all of these amazing things, we were encouraged to go see an art form on our own. At first I was freaking out about this because I had no idea where I would go. As the semester went on, and we learned more about art, I realized I could do anything! There are so many things that are considered art that I never really realized before! I ended up seeing a musical performance called Greek sing that I thoroughly enjoyed!! This was a class that I engaged in the most throughout this semester. There were so many events outside of class that I actually looked forward to going to and I honestly couldn’t say that about a lot of my classes.
            Coming in to Penn State, I rarely entered a class, or even a room full of people, that I didn’t know at least one person. That all changed drastically when I came to this school. I literally knew not one person in any of my classes, nor did I know anyone while walking to those classes. English15s was my first class that wasn’t a lecture. In lectures you don’t necessarily need to know anybody because it is so big and everyone just sits everywhere. In lectures no one really knows anyone! When I first arrived in English15s, it was very small, and there were not a lot of students. I could honestly say I was very nervous. I took a seat in the front to make sure I would pay attention and just sat there silently. For those that know me, sitting there silently is NOT something I normally do. I am very outgoing around my friends and I don’t care at all if I’m weird in front of people. I never thought I would be outgoing in front of people I didn’t know, but I guess that is something new I learned about myself! In no time I was acting my weird self and I actually got to know a lot of the other students in the class! I always enjoyed coming to class because I knew the students, the material was always entertaining, and I enjoyed the small classroom setting.
            Throughout this semester I learned a lot about the arts, and learned that I actually enjoy the arts. I learned about myself, and how I would react in a situation where I felt completely alone. I also learned about writing and what it is like to be a student at an enormous school, such as Penn State!!



2.    Blog Response Round-Up


Museum Blog Post: September 12 week  9-16

September 22; week 16-23

Arboretum Post September 25 week 23-30

Arboretum Post October 1 Week sept 30-Oct 7

Movie Review Post October 11 week  October 7- October 14

Movie Review Post October 17 week oct 14-oct 21

Movie review Post October 23 week of oct 21-oct28

About me post October 29 week of oct 28-nov 4

Museum post Nov 6 week of Nov 4-Nov11

Arts post Nov 12 week of nov 11-nov 18


3.    SRTE Evaluations:
Mrs. S--I Completed my SRTEs!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment